You may be wondering what some of the massage therapy benefits are and how they can be helpful for you.
Therapeutic Massage is an extremely useful tool for treating hundreds of injury, pain, and stress-related conditions and can:
- Alleviate low-back pain, sciatica pain and improve range of motion.
- Relieve migraine and headache pain.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Provide pain relief and facilitate healing after work- and car- related accidents.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce pain and discomfort associated with TMJ, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Provide support for physical therapy sessions.
In contrast, relaxation massage is beneficial to the parasympathetic nervous system and can:
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
In conclusion, our therapists are highly trained in dealing with a large spectrum of clients. If you are coping with one or several of these issues your massage therapist can design a treatment plan to fit your individual needs and give you the most health benefits.
For more information on how the massage therapy can help you, please feel free to contact us at our office. We look forward to hearing from you!