Want a therapeutic massage session tailored to your needs?
Manual Lymphatic Drainage, or MLD, is a gentle yet powerful form of bodywork that is intended to stimulate and encourage the natural movement of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back towards the heart. It is a technique based on gentle, rhythmic and constant movements that mimic the rhythm of the body’s lymphatic system.
Although lymphatic massage may not be as common as other types of massage modalities, the benefits that it provides are numerous. If you are feeling a bit sluggish, experiencing mild to moderate swelling, recovering from an injury or surgery, or interested in optimizing your immune system MLD could be the therapeutic option for you.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage done at the Therapeutic Massage Center of Middleton is performed by Carmela Wiese, LMT, CMLDT. Carmela was trained in the Vodder Technique through Klose Training and Nicola McGill in Boulder, Colorado.
MLD is indicated for many…including healthy individuals wanting to boost their immune system or those with (but not limited to) the following conditions:
- Autoimmune diseases (such as rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Varicose veins
- Sinus congestion
- Lyme disease
- Pre and post-surgical procedures (such as knee replacement, hip replacement, liposuction surgery, tummy tuck)
- Metabolic waste removal after CoolSculpting
- Post mastectomy swelling
Although MLD is beneficial to a number of conditions, it is not for everybody. Please note that we may need to contact your health care provider for further information on your condition. Contraindications include:
- Congestive heart failure
- Kidney disorders
- Acute inflammation or infection/malignancies
- Acute cold/flu
- Some medications
- 30 minutes (Neck and Face only. Indications include: Post Surgical Swelling, Sinus/Tension Headace/Migraine, Puffy Eyes.): $60
- 60 minutes (Neck, Abdominal and Upper or Lower Extremity. Indications Include: Post Surgical Swelling, Knee Replacement, Post Traumatic Injury Edema.): $120
- 90 minutes (Full Body Sequence. Indications include: Overall Immune System Support, Fibromyalgia, Post Surgical Swelling.): $180
To schedule a Manual Lymphatic Drainage session click here or to discuss MLD as an option please contact our clinic at 608-203-8550 to discuss how MLD can help you.
**A couple of points to remember when booking your Manual Lymphatic Drainage session: Make sure you schedule at a time that you are able to go home and rest for the remainder of the day. Also, it is not recommended that you come after a big meal. The deep abdominal work can get uncomfortable right after eating. **